The majority of Grand Canyon tours permit you to pattern the National Park. If you’re the type of character who wants to see as a good deal of the South Rim as viable in an afternoon, you have buckle up and get airborne. To get you off the floor, right here are seven motives why using a helicopter gets the task executed:
1. It’s the quickest way to peer the National Park. All helicopter flight plans observe this path: South Rim, the Gorge, North Rim, and back to Grand Canyon Airport. It’s a 30-to-forty-minute flight in order to will let you see:
-The Kaibab Plateau
-The Colorado River & Little Colorado River
-The Dragoon Corridor
-Grand Canyon Village
-Bright Angel Trail
-The San Francisco Peaks (Humphrey’s Peak is the highest in Arizona)
This is handiest a smidgen of what you fly over.
2. It’s the nice way to experience a South Rim sunrise and/or sundown. This is the Park’s most fantastical occasion. I strongly endorse you reserve your seats earlier, mainly at some point of summer whilst seats sell out speedy. Because of their recognition, those flights are categorised “premium” and cost extra than others.
3. It’s secure. No helicopter company has ever skilled an coincidence flying South Rim excursions. Further, maximum organizations are flying the robust EcoStar a hundred thirty, a modern-day chopper it’s been designed from nose to tail for sightseeing.
4. It’s less expensive. Flights start at around $one hundred thirty per person. Upgrading to an EcoStar a hundred thirty (luxurious sightseeing helicopter) will run you around $160. Book on line to get the cheapest rate. Prices and availability are challenge to exchange.
5. The aerial perspectives right here are some of the best inside the U.S. Sitting at about 7,000 feet in elevation, the rim is pancake-flat and blanketed with pine woodland. To get clear perspectives, you have to get to the rim’s part. Flying, its all sky above and Canyon beneath.
6. Pilots make the pleasant publications. These guys fly the Canyon daily and realize it just like the returned of their palms. Helicopters are equipped with two-manner conversation structures and private headsets that allow you to talk for your pilot and fellow passengers.
7. It’s thrilling. Helicopters strafe the South Rim and input the canyon at two hundred mph. Highly maneuverable, those plane descend, ascend, and flip effortlessly. Nothing comes near the exhilaration of hovering inside the Dragoon Corridor, the widest, private part of the canyon.
Helicopter tours average greater than 30 minutes within the air and depart frequently from the airport in Tusayan, positioned just out of doors the Park’s most important front. No helicopters fly from the South Rim to the West Rim. Nor are their direct helicopter flights from Las Vegas to the South Rim. To get right here from Vegas, you need to e book a aircraft or bus tour and transfer to a helicopter.